Posts Tagged spiritual gifts
Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. You know that when you were pagans, you were enticed and led astray to idols that could not speak. Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking by the Spirit of God ever says “Let Jesus be cursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except by the Holy Spirit. Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of services, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who activates all of them in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. To one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the discernment of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are activated by one and the same Spirit, who allots to each one individually just as the Spirit chooses. For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. [NRSV]
Means, Purposes, Actions
- We are spiritual people living in a physical body.
- I am more than the features and sum of my parts.
- God longs to work through each of us to reach the whole world one relationship at a time.
varieties of gifts, God works is varied, flexible
varieties of services, God services through us
varieties of activities. God is active, unfolding
- utterance of wisdom,
- utterance of knowledge
- ..working of miracles
- ..discernment of spirits
- ..various kinds of tongues
- ..interpretation of tongues.
- We one get one gift, for life.
- There as only 9 from this text
- I don’t have a gift
- What I like to do is my gift.
- If it comes easy, that’s my gift.
- If I don’t like it, it’s not my gift.
The Way Through
- Start where you are.
- Gifts are not measures Spiritual maturity, rather of Gods faithfulness to work through us.
- Be open to differences and changes
God who activates all Gifts
- Gifts are for Gods work through us.
- Gifts are not for personal reward, sorry Joel OSteen.
- Gifts are fore out for the common Good.
Look at the gifts God has surrounded you with right here and now.
This is one of the big reasons to be part of a church, God is working through each of us. Name, claim and reign
Starting point is here and now:
I am a spiritual person of God
God has skills and work for me
Ask a God to activate our SpiritualPowers. Sounds okay, but it’s actually cosmic,!