Posts Tagged cheating
How do you get in scoring position?
Any coach will tell you that when on Second, the next hit is a potential run.
Catch up / Review: To have a home run life there is a pattern God uses: Romans
- Home — Connecting with God
- First — Character – win within
- Second — Community – Win with people
- Third — Competence, Results
- Begins and ends with God
THE ORDER MATTERS
- The world runs backward
- When we run for results first, we cheat ourselves, relationships and God.
- We think we don’t have time for the long way
- Running backward, we get thrown out
Second Base: Scoring position, the relationship of Character and Community
PRINCIPLE: Figures out what counts on the last day, so that you know to count every day.
a. Your last day on earth is your first in heaven. What is going to matter in heaven. — live like you know you will be in heaven.
b. Learn from the places of perspective. Second base sits before the performance, it is a place of perspective. Is 6.49 40- James 4:14
c. God is great I am not
d. Stuff is temporary, souls are eternal
e. Only two things that last forever: God’s word and People
f. We love people and use things, NOT use people and love things
CHARLIE BROWN.. I love the world it’s the people
SECOND BASE SKILLS FOR OUR RELATIONSHIPS
follow God’s example, walk in the way of love — second base
just as Christ loved us, just as he gave himself for us…
SKILLS to love as God loves
- keep your word —- connect the character God makes in your relationships.
- Keep your calendar aligned with your relationships. — make the time
- Keep Short Accounts – learn to forgive
- You forgive what you cannot fix and
- let God do the rest
- have to love as God loves
- when you get a raw deal, deal with it right
- Corrie Ten Boom, The Hiding Place
Before we turn the corner on third, take the standing double perspective to see through the relationships, as people of God’s Character, what matters are the people and God’s word, and when we love as God loves we are prepared to produce God’s fruit.