Archive for category #heartofgod
The proof that frequencies have a physical effect on matter in Hydrogen and Sand moved by sound. https://youtu.be/tFAcYruShow
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way to the place where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you know me, you will know my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own; but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; but if you do not, then believe me because of the works themselves. Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If in my name you ask me for anything, I will do it. [NRSA]
Our culture, even more than in the time of the first disciples long for PROOF.
The disciples are looking for proof. What is the proof of eternal life? What is the proof of heaven?
Are their streets of gold and pearly gate? Is it forty acres or one-mile square? Are their clouds, harps and banquet tables? I have long thought myself, that the great gathering of those who have died in Christ are raised to worship God would have a grand center of worship around the throne. In that congregation are stadium seats, reclining seats, with in-seat speakers and surround sound of the highest fidelity. The seating chart will be an unlikely arrangement. My guess is that while all the seats face the throne, those seated to our left and right are most likely those we least expect to be seated near. Therefore, we are given the commandment to love our enemies because we will be together for a very long time. Those seated in front of us are those who we didn’t expect to be there and those seated behind are those we looked forward to seeing the most, who have had our back in this life. I believe heaven is a grand reversal of much of what we expect and anticipated. But I don’t plan to be disappointed at all.
In our grief we look forward to being greeting and surrounded by loved ones that we miss who have gone before us. I too look forward to this with hope. But one clear thing that Jesus explains to disciples is this: That Jesus has gone to prepare a place for us. And he will return to take us home.
The Proof of Science and Reason
What would cause us to find our way home? Our culture has seen an amazing advancement in the power of science and reason to affect the world. When faced with a tiny virus, and the threat of suffering and death, science and reason have convinced the world to shelter-in-place as a global community. When is the last time the church did something that caused the whole world to respond in unison?
We need to acknowledge the voice and trust of science and reason are passionately challenging our voice of faith, tradition, and God’s own self. Even when the quantum physic scientist drills down into the basic sub-atomic energies and sees the systemic order and mystery of every part of the universe and its interconnectedness and still calls it random chance, we know that voice is choose something other than the heart of a gracious God of love.
When we listen to the Academies and Congresses of power and see how the world responds to say that the Church has oppressed humanity in the past, is not guarantee that they have or can oppress the world even further away from God’s heart.
Science and Reason are not our enemies, but they are not greater than God. They are part of how we explain and understand the world around us. But it is God has created all thing in God’s order, in God’s timing, with God’s purpose, out of God’s love for us.
We need to be aware where the world has placed its trust, but we do not need to be afraid. We have God who remains God.
Two Simple Promises
Jesus does not want disciples to live in fear. This is clear from the prophets foretelling the Messiah, to the angles at Jesus’s birth, to his words to followers and disciples before and after his resurrection. When Jesus, who knows us best has gone to prepare a place for us, has our very best interest at heart, knows what we need. Therefore, the accommodations of heaven will lack for nothing we need. Secondly his promise is personalized. He knows what each us needs. Don’t worry about heaven or your time of being here or there. God has got you covered, here and now as well as then and there.
The second promise
Jesus makes the most clearly defined statement in scripture concerning himself:
- I am,
- the way,
- the truth,
- the life.
In the old testament,
Moses ask for God’s name to take to pharaoh. God says my name is: I am. Jesus adds to the name three others: Way, Truth, and Life. I am Life; I am Truth; I am the Way; I am.
These are names in which we trust.
There are some who ask, “Does that mean all the other religions lead people to hell?” My answer is this, “I am not judge, that is life to God and Jesus. I do believe that for those who have found God’s heart in various ways on earth will find themselves face-to-face with Jesus who is our trust salvation.”
I believe that many people who think their good deeds, good intensions, and leveraged attempts to buy faith will be disappointed that they have traded their lives here for torment of loneliness in the time to come.
Our calling is to share that which we know to be the way, the truth and the life to the great “I am” and trust God to reach those who do not believe us. But know that God desire to use our love and trust to reach others in this life.
The Word Made Flesh
God models this himself in Jesus. Jesus offers himself. Some will listen and believe others will not. God is not in the business of forcing faith or grace, but is patient, grace-filled and hopeful that we will come ot him through Christ.
Jesus offers his word, and if don’t take his word, take his works.
Also know God is expecting us to do even greater things that Jesus did with his life. (excluding the salvation piece, that’s Jesus alone does for us all.)
Jesus does answer the question of PROOF with a call to faith.
The Proof is turned on the disciples. His command is to Do the things that further his work, and God will provide and that will be the proof. Which makes our actions and God’s work, again with the actions of faith? We do them with the anticipation and hope that Christ will be revealed in and through us.
If we do not do the things of God toward others, then we close the heart of God and make it more difficult for us both to find God’s heat. The proof is in the faith.
When Jesus saw the crowds, he went up the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. “Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. “Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy. “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way, they persecuted the prophets who were before you. [NRSV]
• Jesus calls disciples
• Jesus calls followers
• Jesus calls for everyone who follows to become a disciple.
• Jesus calls everyone who follows a higher standard of actions and attitudes.
The most famous part of the sermon is the “Blessed” section.
What is the designation of being blessed?
In the context of the teaching, Jesus is making self declarative statements.
That is, the seal of approval is given through the attitude behind the action of goodness.
1. The poor in spirit, receive the kingdom of heaven.
2. Those who mourn will receive comfort.
3. The meek will be given the world.
4. Those who long for what is right will be fulfilled.
5. Those who show mercy will receive mercy.
6. The pure of heart see the heart of God.
7. Those who make peace, are God’s children.
8. Those who are persecuted for the work of Christ find heaven.
9. The summary blessing is for those to remain true to God when the world calls them evil.
10. The summary is that followers and disciples of Jesus need to count on being persecuted for their faithfulness.
If we are not confronting evil we are complacent. LORD HAVE MERCY ON OUR WEAKNESS!
If we are keeping quiet about our faith, then we are missing out on the blessing of our faith.
• In every world religion, there is some challenge for people to be kind, compassionate, good-hearted, caring people, to at least those who belong to that group.
• In every world religion, there are affirmations of caring for the widow, the orphan and the poor.
• In every world religion, there are teachings to live with devotion to the god of their worship.
• What is different in Jesus’s teaching?
If we look at this list as more than general suggestions, but not just a checklist, we hear Jesus teaching a way of thinking, a perspective of living and behaving that draws us TOWARD GOD, THROUGH our RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS.
ATTITUDES as BEHAVIORS as a WAY OF LIFE
Every blessing comes when we live out the ideas in our heads and hearts through the lives of other people.
• The poor in spirit: Those who know they don’t know it all, might have room to grow, mature and journey more.
• Those who mourn: Those who open their eyes to the things that are broken and can weep with those who hurt.
• The meek: Those who don’t seek the things of this world as their salvation, know salvation comes through Jesus.
• Those who long for righteousness: Those who seek God’s way over their own way.
• Those who show mercy: Those who can live their faith AND be kind, compassionate in the process.
• The pure of heart: Know their best self by trusting God’s vision of their life and motives.
• Those who make peace: We are God’s children when we trust our heavenly father’s justice, judgment & grace.
• Those persecuted for Christ: We cannot withstand persecution unless God stands with us, that is heaven/garden
• Those who are steadfast: When the world calls our actions and thoughts evil, are a good measure of doing good.
• Those being persecuted for their faithfulness to God is living out our heaven citizenship over our earthly one.
The Hard Part
Here is the worst part of the list: It’s not a cafeteria, pick-and-choose, list to select from at our pleasure.
It is an all-inclusive list. The blessing of the buffet is ours, but we are to work on the whole menu.
Blessing as a measure of being on the right track is seen in each lane.
Blessing of our work is completed comes when we wear every hat in the officer’s handbook. (Not just church leadership roles)
The picture Jesus gives is not for us to focus on one area and stay in that lane, rather drive on the interstate on the highway to heaven. The goodness is that the same attitude behind our motives is the same attitude:
Philippians 2:2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.
One love, one spirit, one mind
Deuteronomy 6:5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
• If we can comfort those who mourn, we can all so feed those who know their hunger for more of Christ.
• If we can endure showing grace and compassion, we can endure being ridiculed and judged by the world.
• If we can long for truth and righteousness, we can also be pure in our motives and grace-filled in our service.
THE BOTTOM LINE
• You and I are followers and disciples of Jesus today.
• We are blessed with many things in this world, but God has a greater blessing than all the stuff, money and power.
• We are blessed with relationships, but these relations are empty if they are lacking the sharing of our faith.
We are blessed with opportunities that only a few have in the world, and to not use what we have for God is to waist our heavenly inheritance, in the present.
• TRUE BLESSING comes from God, for bringing to life the ideas and teachings that come from God.
• TRUE BLESSING comes not from the world’s list of value, but in the value of being God’s hands and feet.
• TRUE BLESSING comes when we move from HEARING the Word and BECOME the Word for the World.
The SO WHAT?
We know this, why are telling us what we already know?
Because part of our job is to hold the mirror of accountability that reflects God and ask:
1. Are people being spiritually fed through my actions and words? What can I do then?
2. Do people turn to me when there are hurting, sad, disappointed or grieving? What should I do?
3. Do people around me know God’s kingdom is my priority or the world’s priority?
4. Do people see and hear God’s word through my daily life?
5. Do people see that I am kind/compassionate or do present a grumpy, judgmental, too busy advertisement?
6. What do people see about God’s heart through me?
7. Do people trust me to bring people together or do they trust me to take sides and defend?
8. When was the last time I was persecuted, judged or penalized for expressing my faith? Am I overdue?
9. When it is easier to going along with the crowd even though I know it’s not right or not best, I roll with the tide?
10. People know I will put God first, over all else. Except for game day, family, money, career, or something else?
WHEN OUR ALL OUR ACTIONS AND THOUGHTS REFLECT GOD, JESUS, HOLY SPIRIT
Our work is done, in the meantime, we have much to work on, and MUCH to work with because in Jesus’s teachings we are promised the world, mercy, heart, family, heaven, goodness, faithfulness, comfort, Jesus, Spirit, and God himself.
This familiar list of attitudes is a reminder, a measure and a wake-up call to look at our head, our heart and our actions and ask: Can I see God? Can others see God? If so, I have great news to praise and share. If not, Lord let’s get work today.