Archive for category Christmas A
- Preheat the oven to 410*F
- 4 level cups of White Lilly’s self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup of Crisco all vegetable shorting
- After the dough begins to form add
- 4 cups of coarsely grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- approximately 2/3 cup of whole milk, base on temperature and altitude
- Mix by floured hands or in KitchenAid with three hole mixing blade
- Roll with a wooden rolling pin on floured cheese cloth
- Cut with a medium size round cutter
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes based on temperature and altitude
- Brush tops with melted butter to taste
- Make enough for one sitting for a family of four with friends.
Advice for 2017 from Paul through Titus
- Trust and Obey
- Ready for Good
- Avoid Fussing
- Be Gentle
- Courtesy to everyone
Q: How different 2016 would have been if we Trusted God, obeyed authorities, lived expecting Good, avoided fussing, acting out of gentleness, and showed courtesy to all?
But How? Jesus is How!
Know the story:
- God is good, loving and kind
- God showed up as Jesus
- Through Jesus, God saves us from sin
So What, Footnotes:
- Note 1: God’s actions have nothing to do with our worthiness
- Tell you neighbor: “I’m not worthy. You’re not worthy. We are not worth it, but God loves us anyway.
- Note 2: through baptism, we find the rebirth and renewal of God’s gift through the Holy Spirit.
- Ask you neighbor: “I want the Holy Spirit to make me new.” “Fix me, forgive me, make me whole!”
- Summary: The Spirit is poured out on us, richly, through Jesus who makes us whole through God’ s grace which makes us kin to Jesus, belonging to the ongoing work of God from now and forever.
- Join hands with your neighbor and lift hands to Jesus: “I have holes in my heart, in my track record and I want you to make me holy, whole and new.
Memory Verse for 2017
The Good News for 2017: But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of any works of righteousness that we had done, but according to his mercy, through the water of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit. This Spirit he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. [Titus 3.4-7]
- By the end of the year, you will know this very my memory, you will know it by heart.
- By the end of the year, you will learn to share this verse with many other people.
- By the end of 2017, you will be known as a witness of Titus 3.4-7
- By the end of the year, you will experience what it means to be gravy coated and ready for the heavenly banquet that we share here on earth and for eternity.
The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad, the desert shall rejoice and blossom; like the crocus it shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice with joy and singing. The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it, the majesty of Carmel and Sharon. They shall see the glory of the Lord, the majesty of our God. Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees. Say to those who are of a fearful heart, ‘Be strong, do not fear! Here is your God. He will come with vengeance, with terrible recompense. He will come and save you.’ Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf unstopped; then the lame shall leap like a deer, and the tongue of the speechless sing for joy. For waters shall break forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert; the burning sand shall become a pool, and the thirsty ground springs of water; the haunt of jackals shall become a swamp, the grass shall become reeds and rushes. A highway shall be there, and it shall be called the Holy Way; the unclean shall not travel on it, but it shall be for God’s people; no traveller, not even fools, shall go astray. No lion shall be there, nor shall any ravenous beast come up on it; they shall not be found there, but the redeemed shall walk there. And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with singing; everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away. NRSV
Upside down Onside out.
Our world perspective is out of order and backwards, when children don’t feel safe at school, when politics is more important than people, when trillions of dollars of debt are ignored, when a kindergarder’s kiss is sexual harassment. Just a few, but you get the picture.
Gods highway. The Holy Way
The prophet Isaiah, describes a highway. Not a traffic jam in Henry County, but a way paved with the folks who are trying to live right, putting their steps in sync with God.
Singing of Joy and Gladness
Isaiah foretells, the crowd will be recognized through singing songs of joy and gladness. Eternal and unstoppable joy. What are you singing about today?
So What: Christmas has become a season of compromise: (Santa and a savior: The Fight carton that stated South Park.)
The birth of Jesus paves Gods way of transforming grace and salvation. Do we worship a sacred santa and lust for gifts or trust the one who has given us THE gift before we even made our list? Are our Christmas prepping making us ready for traditions or salvation? ready for Warm fuzzies and mounds of wrapping papers or warmed hearts and a parade marching toward God?
$2.99 digital version exclusively on Kindle and paper back versions available for $9.99 at the Pastime Grill in Barnesville, GA or from the district office of the UMC in Griffin, GA.