Archive for May 11th, 2019
After this, I looked, and there was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, robed in white, with palm branches in their hands. They cried out in a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb!” And all the angels stood around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, singing, “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen.” Then one of the elders addressed me, saying, “Who are these, robed in white, and where have they come from?” I said to him, “Sir, you are the one that knows.” Then he said to me, “These are they who have come out of the great ordeal; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. For this reason, they are before the throne of God and worship him day and night within his temple, and the one who is seated on the throne will shelter them. They will hunger no more, and thirst no more; the sun will not strike them, nor any scorching heat; for the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of the water of life, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.” [NRSV]
We are listening to John’s Revelation again this Sunday
Today we look and listen in to worship of God around the throne and look at those who have already gone before us.
- Mothers, daughters,
- Husbands, son, grandparents,
- friends and strangers.
Those who have gone to heaven are their because of Christ
Not because of what they have done, earned or left undone..
We look into a window of heaven and get a glimpse and see
Who’s that yonder dressed in White
- Are you in a going through the great ordeal ?
- Are you cleansed in blood of the lamb ?
- Are your robes white ?
Are we known by our Heavenly Citizenship
- Are you known by your victory over sin or by the shortfall for now
- Are you known by the works of Christ in your living
- Are you known as the clean in Christ
Those in Heaven: (know about those there and what to anticipate)
- They will hunger no more, and
- thirst no more;
- the sun will not strike them, nor any scorching heat;
- for the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and
- he will guide them to springs of the water of life, and
- God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.\
The promise of the New Jerusalem:
- Heaven is a place that food is
- no longer needed…
- not to be bought,
- cooked or
- no worries about having enough.
- No more seasons,
- time or
- A Place with the Lamb is a shepherd…
- Living Water
- recalling the promise of the woman at the well
- No tears… they have
- no grief for us,
- no fears,
- no loneliness,
- no worries,
- no struggles will not be our concern.