Archive for April 1st, 2017
To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. For this reason the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law—indeed it cannot, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh; you are in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also through his Spirit that dwells in you. [NRSV]
You Are In the Spirit
Mind Set on the Spirit
1. Our Part is to set our mind, attitude, focus, intenion on things of the Spirit
The intention of rules, law, and personal piety.
Life Set on Righteousness
2. Spirit’s part is to make us complete, whole, God’s
Rules, Laws, and Piety help get us in the right direction, but we can never finish the race
Permits and Building Codes
Dwelling in God
3. We have what we need for ourselves and others who are focused on the flesh, fear and sin. Completeing the circle.
Move in Ready
Methodist Moment: What seperates us from others is finishing the race.
- Not just following the rules, “Grace beyond Belief“
- Not just accepting Christ, “the uttering of the prayer or confesstion“
- It is the “carrying the cloke as well,”completeing the Spiritual Circuit,
- Devotion to Serve in the Spriit. IT MORE THAN ‘MY’ SALVATION, Our Salvation
- fulfilling our purpose, of being light in the darkness for others.
- living in the promised land, as a model/lighthouse for others
never too early and never retiring from living in God to reach out to others in the dark.