Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. We must always give thanks to God for you, brothers and sisters, as is right, because your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of everyone of you for one another is increasing.Therefore we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your steadfastness and faith during all your persecutions and the afflictions that you are enduring. To this end we always pray for you, asking that our God will make you worthy of his call and will fulfill by his power every good resolve and work of faith,so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. [NRSV]
The importance of encouragement
Paul and company write to celebrate the good and faithfulness of the church’s work in Thessaloniki.
The call to growth
- The target encouragment is growth, spiritual growth
- The third of the 5 fruits of a healthy and growIng church is Intensional Spiritual Growth.
- Look at what Spiritual Growth can do
- Quilts, nearly 50 years of show and sell, 1.5 million for this building, mission teams and individuals reaching gout in our ccommunity count and to the end of the earth, counselors and campers at Glisson, from the 200+ of us. Plus our shared ministries,
- The encouragement. S to look back to see what has brought us through to the moment, but more than a celebration of the past it is a passionate call to prepare for the generations that follow
The goal of fulfillment of purpose
- Our purpose is to t me service rather to serve in he name and life of Jesus Christ, by Christs glory strength and spirit.
- Call and challenge one another to grow in spirit…
- if you are in a as class be faithful to prepare study and pray
- If have been in a class doe a while pray about starting a small group
- If you have not connected with a Sunday school class or small group as a weekly part of your Spiritual Growth program, let’s get you connected, praying, studying and sharing.
- Our goal is 100% participation in a small group or Sunday school class.
- Invite new friend neighbors, coworkers friends from school to join our commitment to grow in spirit
- We are not Calle to maintain the faith we are called t grow in the faith and serve with christs help.